Panels

When I played baseball as a kid, my hat looked like this too. No logo, No nothing. Just a plain hat. Our jerseys had sponsor names on them. To this day I don't know what the company did but I remember feeling awesome wearing the uniform as I sat on the bench and watched people with better baseball talent play. I wasn't awful, I was just too small. But we humans come in all shapes and sizes and in that respect, we're a lot like panels of baseball cards. 

Below is the 1987 Kraft Home Plate Heroes panel for Kent Hrbek and Darryl Strawberry. I have the solo Strawberry, and the Yount/Strawberry. There are a few others out there (Ripken/Strawberry, Witt/Strawberry, and Clemens/Strawberry). I'd like them one day. 



This Darryl Strawberry/Wade Boggs panel came via a TCDb trade with a man called Bob. I sent a couple of vintage cards and wasn't sad to see them go. I got the entire box though the entire box maybe might be trimmed down to a better storage size.


I don't know if they still make Devil Dogs but I feel like I want to try one in honor of this if they do. I like how the various products are listed on the cards and am glad that their appears not to be back various where the products are mixed around.

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments