I cannot believe there are just two weekends left of regular season baseball. To have baseball end before the calendar turns October seems weird. Maybe it was likely this in earlier times? But it feels as though the final games are in October, however early that might be.
And with the uncertainty of the sport for next season, it makes me want to savor all these games as much as I can, even if it means watching the Rockies, who are eliminated from postseason play.
This seasons has, overall, been relatively lackluster. Nothing very exciting. Most of the "races" for postseason have been settled for a while, and the front runners for major awards seem pretty easy to pick. That won't prevent me from, in two weeks, predicting the wrong players that I think will win an award.
Let's look at three new cards. The first is my only "Hockey" card in my collection. This is the 2025-2026 Parkhurst Canadian Birds insert to the regular set. This is absolutely stupid to be considered a hockey card. Just as it's stupid of Allen & Ginter to put non-baseball players in their baseball sets.






The Parkhurst thing is head scratching... I know the original company was similar to A&G in that it did release sets other than just of hockey.. But.... Still weird..
ReplyDeleteI also find it weird how companies keep reviving old brands just to make more of the same cards.. I wish OPC was still an independent entity...