And then there were...
Another card off the Last Topps Cards of Hall of Fame players recently was purchased, sent, and delivered. This was the 1962 Topps Red Schoendienst.
The card I got was graded 4.5. I don't buy into grades at all. A card in a top loader or a binder page looks just fine to me. In fact, it might look perfect.
And let me tell you something... it was a pure joy to get to break it out. I would have preferred an ungraded card, but the prices I was seeing were ridiculous (it's a "high number") and this one I got for less than uglier, ungraded cards were selling for. And I got it for 25-50% less than other cards graded the same grade. Ok. Thank you!
Let's look at the journey starting with the end because it's wonderfully, deliciously dramatic.
"To begin at the beginning", as Dylan Thomas wrote in his awesome Under Milk Wood.
So the card is now in its proper place in my binder. I do save the PSA or SGC or whatever label came with the graded card, just as a matter of respecting the provenance.
This is probably the third or fourth card I've broken out. I have a few that are still encased. I want to break them out, but something is holding me back.
So for the Last Topps Cards of Hall of Fame players:
And then there were two...
Thanks for stopping by!







Nice to see you let Red breathe. I've cracked a few cards out of their slabs. Each were no-brainers. However whenever I think there's a chance I'll regret the decision... I have kept it intact.
ReplyDelete